With so many Caledon home care agencies available, it can be hard for a family to narrow down their options when planning for their loved one’s care. Yet, one thing quickly becomes clear – no two home care agencies are alike, and there can be a significant difference between the types of care options offered by each one. While certain things are obviously important, such as continuous caregiver training, other characteristics can make an agency stand out from the rest.
Here are the top five qualities of a good home care agency that demonstrate a commitment to go above and beyond for the families they serve.
- Health-Targeted Services – Families of a loved one with a specific health diagnosis such as dementia or Alzheimer’s know that care must be tailored to fit their loved one’s level of abilities and temperament. A quality home care agency will have caregivers on hand who understand how to assist patients with a compassionate approach that takes into account your loved one’s changing needs while encouraging independence. Click here to learn more about the in-home dementia care provided by Home Care Assistance.
- Management of Employee Compensation – One of the greatest differences among home care agencies is how they manage employee compensation should an unusual circumstance arise. An excellent agency will have a contingency plan established in advance to make sure accidental injury coverage, insurance, taxes and other aspects of employee compensation are covered so that families can enjoy full peace of mind with their loved one’s care.
- Flexible Scheduling Arrangements – Home health care needs can vary among families, and some seniors only need a few hours of care a week while others need a full-time live-in caregiver in Caledon. Ideally, a home care agency will have flexible scheduling arrangements in place that can cover any needs that arise.
- Personalized One-to-One Matching System – While most home agencies will conduct a background screening and train their caregivers, a quality agency will go above and beyond by offering personalized matching services. Through this process, families can get to know a prospective caregiver and even arrange for a trial visit or two to make sure their loved one is comfortable with their personality and caregiving style.
- Accountability Checks to Ensure Satisfaction – Late or no-show caregivers are more than just an annoyance; they can create a serious safety concern for a senior adult’s health. Quality home care agencies should have an accountability system in place such as a check-in call upon arrival to a senior’s home and a follow-up call before they leave. Care Managers should also be on staff to ensure that any problems that arise are handled promptly so that families can continue to benefit from reliable care.
If you are looking for a home care agency that meets all of the above criteria, contact Home Care Assistance of Caledon today. We offer complimentary, no-obligation consultations where seniors and their families can learn about our exceptional care services. Call 905-951-8885 – our Care Managers are available 24/7 to answer your questions.